Filofax - Mini Malden in navy

I have many Filofax ring bound organisers.. Some of them are quite old, some of them are unusual, ... some of them are sitting on a shelf gathering dust bunnies. Basically I really did not need to buy another Filofax. Did I let that stop me? No dear reader, no.

My favourite model of Filofax of all time is the Malden. The soft covers, the zipped pockets, the many places to stash forgotten business cards. I have had a Personal and an A5 Malden in purple for many years, and have wanted a mini version for a long time. I was sad when I realised Filofax were not making them anymore. 

That was until Filofax started making them again!

Last month (being April 2021 if you are reading this in the far off future) I decided I was going to stop being sensible - ha me sensible... anyway I was going to stop saying to myself 'no you don't need another Filofax', and give in to the temptation that is the gorgeous navy Malden mini.

I purchased mine online from Organiser World in Australia, I have been a frequent customer of theirs for quite some time. If you are interested in viewing their offerings the link to their site is here: Organiser World (Australia).

Once the gorgeous little Malden arrived, and after I spent a good hour or so delighting in its company, and talking to it (don't judge), I realised I needed to have a use for it. This is where I decided to make it my new wallet,  Note I have used Filofaxes as wallets before, in 2018 I was using a Filofax Topaz mini as a wallet, a short post about that can be viewed form this link: Filofax Topaz as a wallet. I have also used other mini Filofaxes as wallets ... and funnily enough I have also used... wait for it ..WALLETS as wallets...

hand holding a navy blue small Filofax organiser binder
The mini Malden, isn't it adorable?

I scoured around my very disgustingly messy art room/study/cannot find the floor room, for plastic credit card holders that I could convert for this Filofax. I found some from an old wallet, punched holes into the sides of the plastic sleeves and then placed them in the Filofax. This way I have somewhere to stash cards (like my EB Games card, or as you can see in the photo, my public transport card - 'Go Card') that can be scanned without having to take them out of my wallet. The small zipper section is ideal to keep a few coins, and there is a full length pocket encompassing the entire back of the organiser that I can stash dollar notes and receipts. I have added some note paper in the back in case I want to write a quick shopping list or note something, and I added a key ring chain to the zip so I can clip decorative and possibly nerdy type of things on there if I choose too. Like a Legend of Zelda keyring charm for example.  I cut the acrylic packaging that was around the organiser (the acetate stuff that has 'Filofax' printed on it, to make a fly leaf. I kept the box the Filofax came in to stash the diary and other inserts the Malden came with.

open Filofax navy blue mini ring bound organiser, with a rose gold key chain on the zip that is on left hand side, and travel and credit cards visible in the pockets and card sleeves
It's my wallet!

The mini Malden is well made, with contrasting white stiching along the edges, a press stud closure, and a pen loop. On the right hand side when open, there are two credit card sized pockets and one zip pocket, and the right hand side has two credit card/business card pockets.As mentioned before there is a pocket the length of the cover at the back. The rings are tight and close well, and the opening mechinism is firm but not too hard to press to open the rings.

This mini Malden cost me $159.95 Australian and I am pleased I convinced myself I needed it as it is a cute wallet, and is now also part of my Malden collection.

If you want to see more posts about Filofaxes and planners please see the index to those topics in my blog to the left of this post, and also I highly recommend you visit Philofaxy.


(c) empressbat.blogspot.com 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to add your comments - please note comments will only be visible after moderation