Vegetarian/Vegan cupcakes


I am a Vegetarian and have been for a very long time, I also do not like eggs and rarely consume milk. I do however LOVE cupcakes. So I have created my own recipe for cupcakes that is working well, the cakes are yummy and light and oh so cupcakey good.. and they are Vegetarian..Vegan even as there are no animal products in them.

If you are interested this is my recipe. (please note it has worked well for me, and we like them.. do not blame me if yours dont work out!!)


Feel free to share your own Vegan recipes in the comments too.


· 1.5 cups self-raising wholemeal flour
· 0.5 cup rice flour
· 3/4 cup coconut sugar
· 3/4 cup cooled freshly made green tea
· 125 ml of olive oil
· 1 tspn baking soda
· 1 teaspoon freshly ground vanilla bean
· Squeeze of half a lemon

Preheat oven to 180 C
sift all the dry ingredients into a bowl
make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients
in a separate bowl or jug mix the wet ingredients together
pour them slowly into the middle of the bowl , stirring lightly
spoon mixture into patty pans
bake in oven for ten to fifteen minutes
take them out to cool

then ice or decorate as desired

makes between 12-20 cupcakes depending on patty pan size

here are some iced in green , with edible glitter and fondant ladybirds...



here is a batch just out of the oven!!

A variation is to substitute orange juice for the lemon, and 1 tblsn of raw cacao to make chocolatey ones

mmmm cupcakes..........


What are your fave Vegetarian or Vegan recipes? 

please feel free to add them in the in the comments






.

............................................................................................................... Please visit me on etsy! www.etsy.com/shop/empressbat handcrafted gothic goodies at bargain prices. see me on etsy! www.etsy.com/shop/empressbat ...Please visit me on etsy! www.etsy.com/shop/empressbat handcrafted gothic goodies at bargain prices. see me on etsy! www.etsy.com/shop/empressbat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to add your comments - please note comments will only be visible after moderation